Cape Cadogan Boutique HotelCape Town / South Africa
Planted at the heart of bustling Cape Town, the Cape Cadogan Boutique Hotel is a family-run hotel situated under the gaze of the iconic Table Mountain and is perfectly located for day trips to the coastline. Created with bespoke rooms, charming communal spaces and a beautiful garden, Cape Cadogan is intended to feel like a home from home.
What to love
- Care and attention to detail has clearly gone into the design of every one of the hotel’s rooms. The bohemian chic décor and lavish furnishings of each suite will ensure a calm and comfortable stay.
- Cape Cadogan’s location at the centre of Cape Town is perfect for those looking to get to know Cape Town – and for those who already do.
- Complimentary transfers between Cape Cadogan and the V&A Waterfront are available daily, making exploring the city just that little bit easier.
- For those days when you’re not out adventuring, Cape Cadogan has some enchanting communal areas, such as the comfy library space or the chilled-out garden and pool area.
What to know
- Families with children over twelve years of age are welcome at Cape Cadogan.
- Hotel price include luxury accommodation, breakfast, teas/ coffees, evening canapés, ports and sherry, scheduled chauffeured waterfront transfers, Wi-Fi.
- The hotel is located in close proximity to Table Mountain (10 minutes), Clifton beach (15 minutes) and the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront (10 minutes). There are a wide variety of boutiques, restaurants and bars in the neighbourhood.
- An in-room dining service is available to guests.
With South Africa’s second largest city, Cape Town, on your doorstep, guests of the Cape Cadogan Boutique Hotel will be able to see this bustling city come to life night and noon. With major attractions such as the spectacular Table Mountain just a ten-minute journey away, and the sandy shores of Clifton beach nearby, the hotel is the ideal vantage point for would-be explorers.
For those moments when you’re not out the door, the Cape Cadogan hotel provides the comfiest stay. With a choice of three different room styles (standard, luxury and presidential suite), each has a refined bohemian chic design that feels personable and elegant. Each spacious room is furnished with plush amenities and has a lavish en-suite bathroom/showerroom.
Guests are invited to make themselves at home throughout their stay at this boutique hotel. Carefully crafted communal areas such as the quaint library space and the cosy lounge area in front of the fireplace make the perfect spot to unwind after a busy day. The lush garden area, designed with a delightful communal pool, is ideal for making the most of Cape Town’s Mediterranean-like climate.
Guests are served a complimentary breakfast in the hotel’s stylish breakfast room, while trips to Cape Town’s restaurant district can be arranged via the hotel’s chauffeur service. The hotel’s kitchen staff also provide an in-room dining service throughout the day.
As a family business, the hotel’s friendly and personable staff are on-hand to ensure that each guest’s stay is stress-free and to a high standard. Complimentary trips between the hotel and the V&A Waterfront and the Virgin Active Gym (guest pricing available) run daily, while the concierge team is available to arrange bookings and outings.
When to go
Cape Town has a Mediterranean climate, hence it is typical to expect dry, warm summers and cold and wet winters. The average summer temperature (December-February) is 26.5°C and the average winter temperature (June- August) is 17°C. That said, Cape Town experiences in excess of 250 days of sunshine per year.
September through to March is considered spring and summer which is the ideal time for travel, especially for beach goers. Shark cage diving is at its best in the winter months. May to September is also a great time when the visibility is best and whale watching commences in September.
The Cape Cadogan Boutique Hotel is situated in the heart of the ”Capetonian’s” Cape Town, away from tourist congestion in the suburb of Gardens, on Upper Union Street.
It is just a few steps away from the vibrant Kloof Street with its roadside cafes, restaurants and bars as well as a wide variety of boutiques in the neighbourhood. The hotel is in close proximity to Table Mountain (10 minutes), Clifton beach (15 minutes) and the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront (10 minutes). The winelands and the picturesque towns of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek are about an hour’s drive away.
From Cape Town International Airport it will take about 30 minutes to the hotel.
Families with children over twelve years of age are very welcome at Cape Cadogan. There are no childcare facilities. Familes with older children will find plenty to explore in Cape Town.
Table Mountain – Located just a ten-minute trip from the hotel, this flat-topped mountain is a national landmark and a must-see for any visitor to Cape Town.
Restaurants – With its central location, Cape Cadogan is just a stone’s throw from some of Cape Town’s best cafes and restaurants. Try ‘Mama Africa’ for some authentic African cooking.
Shopping – Known as the ‘style capital’ of South Africa, Cape Town has a wide variety of shopping spots and boutiques for guests to visit. Speak to the guest relations team for shopping hot spots.
Art Galleries – Culture enthusiasts will feel right at home with Cape Town filled with classic art and contemporary art galleries, including the South African national gallery.