Gran Hotel Bahia Del Duque ResortPlaya del Duque, Tenerife / Spain Canaries
The Gran Hotel Bahia del Duque is a resort that captures the quintessential essence of Canary life. Crafted with an elegant, colonial-styled architecture, the resort is home to illustrious living quarters and serene outdoor spaces, all surrounded by exotic landscaped gardens. A collection of nine gourmet restaurants, a sophisticated spa centre and a host of leisure pursuits ensure a dynamic stay for all those who visit.
What to love
- The Grand Hotel Bahia del Duque Resort boasts an impressive six swimming pools, interwoven by timber bridges and surrounded by bars and cafés.
- El Bernegal restaurant offers quite possibly the best breakfast buffet that we have ever experienced!
- For that little bit extra, try the exclusive Las Casas Ducales wing of the hotel where you will benefit from a concierge and butler service as well as a more intimate breakfast space.
- The Spa Bahia del Duque is the first L’Occitane sponsored spa in Spain. This first-class wellbeing centre has thalassotherapy suites, a hydrotherapy bath, jet blitz, Hammam, sauna and a vitality pool.
What to know
- Making sure that every member of the family has a fantastic stay, the resort runs a children’s Club (Duqui Club) and Teen Lounge for younger guests.
- No beaches are private in Tenerife so sun loungers on the white sand Playa del Duque beach are payable. There are however an abundance of free loungers in the hotel grounds.
- For guests looking to stay active during their time away, the resort has a state of the art gymnasium and wellness studio as well as personal trainers at your disposal.
- Diners will be spoiled for choice come evening, with the resort’s restaurants offering an eclectic range of gastronomic experiences.
Nestled on the southwestern isle of Tenerife, the Gran Hotel Bahia del Duque Resort sits overlooking the Playa del Duque beach and the deep azure of the Atlantic Ocean. Designed with traditional colonial-style architecture and surrounded by bright, exuberant gardens, the resort has an authentic Canary Island vitality running through its stone clad walls.
This warm, elegant décor continues inside each of the resort’s spacious rooms and suites. Bespoke, wicker furniture and a plush, king size bedspread offset sandy tiled flooring, while classic French windows lead out onto a private balcony or terrace. Each room has a stylish bathroom suite, complete with twin basins and a separate shower. For larger groups and families, the resort’s accommodation also includes luxury suites and villas.
The outdoor communal spaces at Gran Hotel Bahia del Duque are equally as impressive as the interior. The hotel’s spectacular network of six swimming pools is interwoven between timber bridges, volcanic rock boulders and thatch-roofed bars. The hotel grounds also feature two tennis courts, paddle tennis courts and a beach volleyball court.
Those looking to detox during their time away will want to acquaint themselves with the fully equipped gymnasium, which also runs Pilates and aerobics classes. The Spa Bahia del Duque offers a more relaxing form of rejuvenation; designed with thalassotherapy suites, a hydrotherapy bath, outdoor solarium, Hammam and a vitality pool, guests can indulge in various massages, wraps and treatments using L’Occitane products.
The Gran Hotel Bahia del Duque Resort really comes to life in the evenings. Home to nine different gastronomic restaurants, a new culinary adventure awaits guests each and every evening. Each restaurant has a personal and inviting environment, be it overlooking the ocean, al fresco dining on the beach or an intimate, candlelit setting. With highly trained kitchen staff, the food types on offer range from authentic oriental cooking, international gourmet cuisine, traditional island dining, Spanish tapas and plenty more. The resort also has a multitude of stylish bars operating day and night, serving an extensive international wine list and fresh fruit cocktails.
When to travel
Tenerife is known for it’s perfect climate all year round, so a holiday at any time should bring good weather. The February carnivals are fun and include parades of decorated floats, whilst in July you can head to the popular Jazz Festival.
Located in Costa Adeje in the South of Tenerife, the hotel is 15 minutes from the main South airport.
The Duqui Club will be a haven for your children between 3 and 12. Younger children are quite welcome but must be accompanied by a parent or adult babysitter. A full programme of activities will entertain children of all ages and there is even a mini disco for the slightly older ones.
Baby-sitting can be booked in the Hotel Club House or through Move Mountains.
The Teen Lounge is a new space that has a relaxation zone with television and an ample video library, together with lots of board games. Furthermore, there is an Internet and Wi-Fi zone, a Play Station space and a table football room.
Baby facilities available:
- Changing mat
- Children’s play mat
- Toddler guard rail for bed
- Car seats available for transfers
- Car seats available for car rentals
- High chairs
- Baby bottles
- Bottle warmers
- Baby monitors
- Baby bathtub.
Facilities for older children:
- Hair brush
- Mild bath gel, moisturizer and children’s Fragrance
- Milk & cookies delivered to the room
- Arrival gift
- Children’s bathroom kit
- Bath rubber duck
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Robe and slippers
Water sports – With such proximity to the Atlantic Ocean, the Bahia del Duque provides equipment and instruction for a number of water sports and activities, including: diving, windsurfing, sailing and parasailing.