Sani Beach, Sani ResortKassandra Peninsula, Halkidiki / Greece
Basking in the Grecian coastal sunshine, the Sani Resort reaches out into the pristine waters of the Aegean Sea, while trimmed by the majestic pine forests of the Kassandra peninsula. Designed to accommodate every member of the family, Sani Beach is home to an extravagant ‘lagoon style’ swimming pool, a state of the art spa suite and a fully packed kids’ programme.
What to love
- Sani Beach grants its guests access to both the Ammos and Bousoulas beach just a few steps away from the seafront offering white sand beaches and shallow crystal waters.
- Each room and suite within Sani Beach has been decorated with a fresh, contemporary colonial style; designed with huge floor to ceiling windows and a private balcony or terrace.
- The resort’s MySpa area offers a range of treatments with exclusive French Anne Sémonin and Greek Apivita products. The centre includes a thermal suite with sauna and steam rooms and indoor swimming pool.
- Guests of Sani Beach have access to the resort’s water sports centre, mountain bike hire and outdoor sports facilities.
What to know
- With a huge emphasis on family vacations, the Sani resort offers a wealth of kid’s entertainment. with a creche, kids club and teenagers club with fun and educational activities throughout the day, allowing mum and dad to have a little quality time to themselves.
- Sani Beach was formerly Sani Beach Hotel
- Sani Beach has won huge acclaim thanks to its unrivalled facilities for sports, entertainment and children’s activities.
- A supermarket, grocery shop, boutique stores, bookstore and newspaper stand are all located within the resort complex.
A classic beach hotel with a contemporary design, Sani Beach finds itself located next to two white sand beaches, with guests just a short walk from the sandy shores and shallow crystal waters.
Each of the resort’s five star suites is designed with a modern colonial styling, with elegant furnishings playing off the neutral colour scheme. Every room feels fresh and airy throughout the day thanks to the floor to ceiling windows, which provide panoramic views of the Aegean Sea and landscaped gardens that surround the resort. Each room is designed with a private terrace, balcony or garden, allowing guests to step outside and enjoy the warm climate and fresh ocean breeze. Specially designed family suites are also available.
The Sani Beach's main restaurant, Poseidon, provides a premium buffet service with a varied mix of specialty Greek cuisine, world foods and fresh seafood, most of which is sourced locally. Guests can also dine at a number of first-class restaurants and bars located at the hotel and across the resort, offering an eclectic range of a la carte and tailored set menus. A 24-hour dining room service is also available for those too tired to dine in the restaurant.
The leisure pursuits and activities available at the Sani Beach resort are second to none. As well as having a professional water sports centre, Padi Diving Centre and innovative fitness suite, the resort provides a mountain bike hire service, allowing guests to explore the local scenery in style. Floodlit, clay tennis courts are available to hire, with lessons also available.
The resort has a stylishly crafted, ‘lagoon style’ swimming pool network, which features a dedicated children’s section as well as a heated, indoor pool with jacuzzi at the Spa. Guests are also invited to relax along the private stretch of beach, with a bar and massage service available for sunbathers. For the ultimate in relaxation, try the resort’s exclusive MySpa area. The wellbeing centre uses natural products for a range of rejuvenation and cosmetic therapies, while the thermal suite is designed with a sauna, Jacuzzi and steam rooms for some serious detox. A hair, beauty and nail salon is also available on site.
When to travel
Although there is sun all year round and the winters are mild, most guests stay here from May to September, with July and August being the hottest months with average daily temperatures in the early 30s oC. There is a Gourmet Festival in May) and Sani Music Festival on Sani Hill (seats 3,000 pax) in July and August, both are great times to visit Sani Resort.
Sani Resort is located in Halkidiki on the Kassandra Peninsula, the Western of the three ‘fingers’ of Halkidiki, next to Sithonia and Mt Athos Peninsulas. The resort is located 74 kilometres or a 50 minute private transfer from Thessaloniki airport. Please note that Greece is 2 hours ahead of GMT.
Sani Resort is ideal for children of all ages and provides a creche, kids club and teenage club as well as numerous activities for children to enjoy.
4 months - 4 years: Melissa Crèche Club This is operated by UK childcare specialists, Worldwide Kids Ltd, in accordance with the UK standards and regulations. There are 3 sessions: Morning 10-13:00, Lunch 13-15:00 and Afternoon 15-18:00. Prices vary for 4-23 months and 24-47 months old children - please ask for latest prices for half day, full day and lunch sessions.
4-12 years: Melissa Mini Club The Mini Club offers a complimentary programme with fun games and activities. The club is regulated by Ofsted and run by qualified, English Speaking staff. There are 3 sessions: Morning 10-13:00, Lunch 13-15:00 and Afternoon 15-18:00. These 3 sessions from 10am - 6pm are complimentary for children aged 4 years and over. There will also be an evening session from 18-21:00 for Melissa Mini Club at a cost. For Lunch and Dinner sessions there will be supervised meals at the main buffet restaurants at Sani Beach Hotel and Sani Beach Club. Supervised children will eat at 13:15 and at 18:15. Costs of their meal will depend on their room package, half or full board.
13 – 17 years old: Teen House "Ozone" The new Teen House “Ozone” is designed exclusively for teenagers to enjoy some time out and make new friends in a cool, safe environment. Located in the buzzing Sani Marina it's operated by leading childcare professionals, Worldwide Kids Company and promises a fabulous, independent environment. Open from 10am - 10pm every day of the week, there's something for everyone, indoors and out. Teens can choose from a superb range of activities from console gaming and table football to cooking classes and canoe tours. And after dark there's even night treks and stargazing on the menu. While for those just want to chill out and chat, there's a snack bar where they can grab a delicious milkshake or ice-cream.
It is essential that any childcare is prebooked, preferably at the time of booking the accommodation in order to guarantee availability. http://www.sani.worldwidekidscompany.com
Complimentary “Babe Watch”: There is also the “Babe Watch" babysitting service available on every beach, where children of any age are supervised (first 30 minutes free of charge) every day so that the parents can enjoy a short break.
Babysitting: Babysitting is available upon request for the evenings (from 6.30pm) at approx. €10 per hour. Please note that if babysitters are required from 10.30pm the cost of a taxi (approx. €15) will be required.
Baby swimming lessons (June-September): Learn the way to teach your little ones the joys of water with safety! The lessons will be carried out at the indoor swimming pool of MySpa by our certified and experienced partners “Pirates of the Swimming Pool” and they are available for toddlers between 6 months and 4 years old. Each programme will have five sessions in total from Monday to Friday , one per day, and the duration of each session will be 30 minutes. Prices and information on request.
Sani Adventure Park: Get ready for an amazing treetop experience that’s perfect for thrill seekers who like their fun up in the air. At the brilliant new Sani Adventure Park, the excitement never ends with an exhilarating combination of zip lines and challenge bridges between tree platforms. The specially designed park features six courses – two training courses, two family courses and two youth courses – all colour coded and offering differing levels of challenge. The park has been planned with the latest safety systems in place and for personal safety there are minimum height and maximum weight restrictions. Sani Adventure Park play structures feature climbers, swings and special events for people of all ages.
Sani Football Academy in Association with Chelsea FC Foundation Sani’s going football crazy as a fantastic new fun activity in partnership with Chelsea FC Foundation is launched. The 2017 Premier League champions and one of the world’s greatest football clubs - offer all younger guests the opportunity to improve their soccer skills with the professionals.
So on your next visit to Sani, any budding premiership players aged 4-16 years can join in the training at our Chelsea FC Football Coaching Foundation. It offers an outstanding football development programme with a UEFA-approved football pitch and a state of the art Club House - this really does put Sani in a league of its own. The training camp is held seven days a week and promises lots of active fun for children of ALL abilities under the careful eyes of qualified coaches. They’ll motivate, educate and inspire while covering skills from dribbling to shooting, as well as organising five-a-side games.;
It’s another fabulous opportunity to pick up new skills at Sani and make your visit even more worthwhile - it’s also a great way to make new friends and learn to work as part of a team.
- Hours of operation 09:30 – 19:30
- Sessions 09:30 – 11:30 & 17:00 – 19:00
- Age Groups: 4-6 years, 7-9 years, 10-12 years, 13-16 years
- Ratio 2:12
- Reservations to be made through the Sani website, Mobile Application and through hotels receptions
- Related Activities Official Chelsea welcome kit will be offered (uniforms, bag, custom t-shirt)
Chelsea FC Foundation Football Coaching availability is limited due to space and care ratios. We strongly advise pre-booking to avoid disappointment.
Teenagers (13-17 yrs old) at Sani Resort get the opportunity to experience the natural environment and get involved in its protection as they participate in fun outdoor activities, nature observation and citizen scientist programs.
Sani Marina Sailing Academy
Sani Marina, in cooperation with the Nautical Club of Thessaloniki invites all children aged 6-17 years old to experience the initial steps of Sailing in 10-hour intensive courses. Lessons are held both on dry land and off shore and the participants are awarded with the accredited “Certificate of Attendance”.
Duration: May - August
Sailing Session Dates: Tuesday-Thursday, Friday-Sunday
Session hours: 10:00-13:00
Sani Dance Academy - information on request.
- The new open-air Garden Theatre is available to all Sani Resort guests at no extra charge with musicals and shows and live stage performances.
- Beach parties are held at Bousoulas beach bar, including special night parties. Don’t miss the ‘White Nights Party’ on Wednesday nights!
- Open-air cinema ‘Orpheus’ (June-September)
- Festivals include: Gourmet Festival in May, Sani Music Festival on Sani Hill (seats 3,000 pax) in July and August.
- Sunday Cruiser - a complimentary 3 hour morning or afternoon cruise offered by each Sani Hotel on a different day of the week, where guests are provided with a picnic and the opportunity to swim. Alternatively guests my opt for a complimentary sunset cruise. Both cruises are subject to availability and on a first come first served basis.
- Private boat tour – With breathtaking scenery surrounding Sani’s coastal region, families and friends can take to the Aegean Sea aboard the Sani Queen. Available for as long as a full day’s cruise, let your skipper be your guide in this truly unique way of seeing the local area.
- There are 15 bars - beach bars, pool bars,jazz bar, cafes and a night club throughout the Sani Resort and Sani Marina with a variety of bands performing live Greek, latin jazz, ethnic or classical music.
- Water sports: The Sani resort offers equipment hire and supervision for a range of water sports including waterskiing, windsurfing, canoeing and parasailing. The PADI-diving centre offers professional scuba diving courses.