Vila Vita ParcAlgarve / Portugal
Located in the Algarve, the southernmost region of mainland Portugal, the Vila Vita Parc resort receives Mediterranean-like temperatures almost all year round and boasts a staggering 300 days of sun each year. Making the most of these enviable climes, the resort’s classically refined suites and villas have a collection of open-air fine dining, impressive sports and pool facilities, and luscious tropical gardens right on their doorstep.
What to love
- Perched atop the southern facing cliff top, the Vila Vita Parc resort has spectacular views of the rugged shore and the Atlantic below.
- Vila Vita Parc is an exciting and eclectic dining experience. Choose from outdoor dining, family restaurants or even the much-prized two Michelin-starred restaurant, Ocean.
- The Delfim Health Club, located on-site, is available to offer guests personalised spa and holistic treatment programmes.
- If Vila Vita Parc’s collection of six bars serving cocktails, fruit juices and milkshakes isn’t enough for you, the resort’s wine cellar (located 26ft below ground) is well worth a trip.
What to know
- The resort is the ideal spot for health enthusiasts. Tennis, volleyball, football, table-tennis, yoga, pilates and a state-of-the-art gym (EnerGym) are all within the grounds.
- Masterpiece Villas are perfect for those seeking exclusivity, a private pool and cliff top views.
- Accommodation to suit everybody - The Oasis is ideal for families whilst the Residence is for adults only whilst the furnished terraces of the Honeymoon Suites offer superb sea views and large hammocks for relaxation, ideal for those seeking a romantic getaway.
- Childcare facilities include a creche, children's club and Teenager's Activity Programme.
Sitting high above the deep blue of the Atlantic ocean, the five-star Vila Vita Parc resort is surrounded by 54 acres of vibrant tropical gardens. Made up of 170 individual suites and villas, the resort is linked to the sandy seafront below via a short walk along a private cliff-side path.
Split into five sections, the resort’s accommodation has been designed to meet guests’ personal needs. The main building features 65 newly renovated deluxe rooms, each designed with split-level living and sleeping areas, in addition to a large marble bathroom. The refined country house interior spills out onto a private balcony overlooking the resort’s expansive gardens – the perfect way to enjoy the Algarve’s year-round warm temperature. Six grand suites featuring a spacious lounge area are also available for larger groups and families.
The four other accommodation areas include the Residence suites – for adults only and complete with direct private garden access and ocean views. Oasis suites are ideal for families and feature a grand wood-paneled décor and extra amenities such as coffee machines and a flat screen TV. The Spa Suites are adjacent to the Vila Vita Vital Spa, the ideal choice for guests who would like to enjoy the spa facilities and a wide range of treatments available during their stay. Finally, the resort’s "Masterpiece" Luxury villas are perfect for the most discerning guests seeking a private pool and cliff top views.
The resort’s dining facilities are simply world beating. With eight different restaurants to choose from (two of which are located just outside the resort), guests can enjoy something new each evening. Highlights include Ocean, the resort’s two Michelin-star fine dining experience; The Whale, offering family dining on a large outdoor terrace and Adega, serving traditional Portuguese cuisine made from locally sourced ingredients.
Guests seeking a rejuvenating stay will want to acquaint themselves with the Delfim Health Club. Designed with an indoor heated pool, high-tech gym (EnerGym) and luxurious treatment facilities (ice room, cold plunge pool, massage rooms) you’ll feel the weight of the world slipping away. As though that wasn’t enough, the resort’s traditional spa area is also fitted with steam baths, algae baths and a tepidarium. The resort even offers an innovative Hypoxi Studio, providing a tailor-made workout and nutritional course for health-conscious visitors.
Family-friendly facilities are an integral part of Vila Vita Parc's resort philosophy. There is a creche for children from 6 months to 3 years, a supervised club for 4 to 11 year olds and a Teenager's Activity Programme during summer school holidays. Vila Vita Parc also provides an excellent babysitting service; children’s menus in most restaurants and a wide-range of interconnecting room options and family suites.
When to travel
The Algarve has a mild climate with more that 300 days of sunshine a year so it is an ideal short haul destination year round.
By May the climate will be warm and sunny but there will be some risk of rain showers and the evenings will be cool. June signals the advent of typically hot and sunny days with the evenings becoming balmy through to the end of summer. As the heat rises during the summer months, it is not uncommon to have a wind pick up off the Atlantic during the afternoons.
The Vila Vita Resort is perched on the Praia das Gaivotas cliffs which are located just 5 minutes drive to the west of Armação de Pêra and 40 minutes (54km) from Faro Airport. Flights are also available to Lisbon and Seville, both of which are approximately 2.5-3 hours from the resort.
6 mths - 3 years: Natalie's Crèche
4 - 11 years: Annabella's Kids Park
12+ years: Teenager Activity Programme
All ages: Babysitting
The crèche is for children aged from 6 months to 3 years and is open all year round. It is open 5 days a week in low season and 7 days a week in high season. The crèche is payable.
Limited availability, so advanced booking required.
Annabella's Kids Park
Annabella's Kids Park is complimentary for children aged 4 to 11 years old . It is a supervised park open 5 days a week in low season and 7 days a week in high season. Facilities include:
- Adventure playground with slides, swings and trampoline
- Versatile playroom ideal for painting, playing or baking activities
- Sports games in the park or at the beach
In high season, children are offered dinner with entertainment 4 evenings a week.
Teenager Activity Program
A Teenager Activity Program is available during summer school holidays. Activities for Teenagers (12 years and older) include: Day trip to the water park ‘Slide & Splash’, Adventure tour in a Jeep, Afternoon at the beach, Surfing lessons, Soccer, Volleyball and Table tennis. Some activities are at an extra charge.
Babysitting is available on request.