Anantara Dhigu Resort and SpaSouth Malé Atoll / Maldives
Set on the idyllic Maldivian island of Dhigufinolhu, the Anantara Dhigu resort is accustomed to white powdery beaches, glorious sunsets and lush tropical greenery. The sun-drenched resort sits upon a beautiful natural lagoon, with ‘over water’ villas resting above the crystal waters. With such proximity to the ocean, the resort offers a host of water leisure activities for guests to embark on.
What to love
- The resort offers a multitude of diverse leisure activities for guests to enjoy both in the water and on land, such as: snorkeling, diving, island hopping, tennis, badminton, kite surfing, surfing, cookery lessons and more.
- The sunset family villas offer the perfect accommodation for families with young children with 2 bedrooms and even a mini-size kids bathroom!
- Prepare to be spoiled at the creative Anantara spa. Designed with an over water spa area, the treatment centre offers a range of signature treatments including massages, and Ayurvedic and Thai therapies.
- Intimate ‘Dining by design’ service: couples can hire a private chef from the resort’s kitchen to cook for them in a private setting; be it a secluded barbecue on the beach or a romantic candlelit dinner on your villa terrace.
What to know
- The Dhoni Kidz Club (ages 3 – 11) is complimentary and provides a packed programme of beach and outdoor activities for kids to get stuck into whilst supervised by trained staff.
- Guests have the choice of accommodation perfectly positioned for watching the sunrise or sunset, or even having a villa with a private plunge pool. All are elegantly crafted villas with fantastic attention to detail.
- The resort is located on the rim of a tranquil turquoise lagoon, around which sits two other resorts providing an array of dining options.
- Hotel hub is home to an extensive library, which also has Internet access.
Following a 35-minute speedboat trip from Malé International Airport, guests will arrive at the small Dhigufinolhu Island with a real sense of the secluded beach retreat that it is. Golden sands, turquoise waters and fresh sea breezes embrace the quiet shoreline and paint the perfect backdrop for the Anantara Dhigu resort.
Harmonising with the idyllic island scenery, Anantara Dhigu’s private beach villas have been constructed with thatched roofing and an authentic rich lumber finish. All accommodation has been crafted with immaculate attention to detail, with distinct villas purposefully positioned for watching the sunrise or sunset. Guests may even opt for a distinctive ‘over water’ villa, which sees the tide reach as far as your front door, with the Indian Ocean becoming your private pool.
The exotic island ambience transcends throughout each villa’s interior décor. A marine colour palette is offset by handcrafted timber, while floor to ceiling windows create a bright and airy surrounding. Each lodge has an open-air bathroom, complete with large terrazzo bathtub and luxury fittings. Anantara Dhigu’s villas have each been designed with a private outdoor terrace, perfect for relaxing in the island’s warm climate.
With such proximity to the water’s edge, Anantara Dhigu organises a number of aquatic pursuits for guests to try out. As well as traditional diving and snorkeling, you can also try kite surfing, parasailing and deep-sea fishing. Understanding that not all its guests are so inclined to get wet, the resort also features a gym complex, tennis courts, as well as beach volleyball and badminton courts.
Anatara Dhigu also accounts for some more luxurious relaxation. In addition to morning meditation and yoga sessions, the resort is home to the Anantara spa centre, offering a range of signature treatments in its over water treatment rooms, including massages, and Ayurvedic and Thai therapies.
The resort is also home to a varied selection of bars and restaurants, each with an intimate beachside or poolside location. Notable venues are the Fuddan Fusion Grill, serving grilled steaks and seafood; Terrazzo, offering authentic Italian cuisine; and Aqua, providing cool cocktails by the pool. Guests also have further dining options at the Anantara Veli resort, located on the sister island within the lagoon.
When to travel:
The Maldives offer an idyllic tropical climate with the main summer season from December to April, getting hotter from February. The wetter months are May through to November.
Best time to visit: December – April
Good time to visit: May - November
Encircled by mystic lagoons and unspoiled crystal shores, Anantara Dhigu is a heavenly sanctuary on the secluded and private paradise island of Dhigufinolhu in the South Male Atoll. The resort is located on the rim of a tranquil turquoise lagoon, around which sits two other resorts providing an array of dining options.
Anantara Dhigu is a 35-minute speedboat ride from Malé International Airport.
The Dhoni Kidz Club is a complimentary kids club that will fully entertain 3 to 11 year olds. The Club puts the utmost emphasis on health and safety, while offering children the chance to explore the island, engage in arts and crafts activities, play indoor and outdoor sports, and meet other guests their own age.
Age Requirements: All children aged three to 11 years are welcome to join in all the activities and events, designed to be appropriate for all children in this age group.
Parents of children younger than three years are welcome to participate in these activities together, or can pre-book a babysitter to help the child with these activities.
Babysitting Policy: At Anantara Dhigu, they have caring staff on hand to make sure that your child’s needs and safety are well taken care of. Babysitting requirements should be booked 24 hours in advance.