Anantara Kihavah VillasBaa Atoll / Maldives
A secluded island retreat full of vibrant colour and exotic flavours, the Anantara Kihavah resort takes its residence upon Kihavah Huravalhi Island’s placid, turquoise lagoon. Surrounded by tall palm trees and dense greenery, the resort is home to luxurious leisure facilities and an impressive dining complex, which features one of the world’s few truly underwater restaurants.
What to love
- The resort’s Sea.Fire.Salt.Sky four floor dining area is a once in a lifetime experience. Comprised of four gastronomic eateries, the complex includes the world’s only underwater restaurant.
- Kihavah Huravalhi Island is home to fantastic waves and warm waters, making the area perfect for aqua activities and sports. The Anantara resort offers a range of water pursuits including diving, canoeing, kayaking, sailing and snorkelling.
- The Anantara spa centre is made up of six over water treatment suites, where guests can indulge in rejuvenating therapies including coconut scrubs, Thai massages and facials.
- Children under 16 stay and eat for free!
What to know
- All of the spacious and elegantly designed villas and residences have their own private pool and luxury accessories including a Bose sound system, wine cooler, iPod dock and espresso machine. For added luxury, each residence includes the service of a 24 hour butler whose sole aim is to make your stay at Anantara flawlessly unforgettable!
- Ideal for families, the resort features the Kihavah Kids Club for children aged 4-12years old. The club offers a number of supervised activities and excursions; including beach games, arts and crafts, cooking and swimming as well as local island trips and pirate cruises.
- Anantara Kihavah offers a small, intimate ambience and due to the size of the island (408m x 350m) it's easy to get around on foot or by bike.
With its luxury villas either hidden amongst wild tropical vegetation or stretched out over the shallow waters of the island’s lagoon, it’s fair to say that Anantara Kihavah is one of the most intimate and secluded of the Maldivian resorts. Perfect for honeymooners and romantic getaways, the island is home to soft white sandy beaches and the warm currents of the Indian Ocean.
Each of Anantara’s beach villas is sat directly on the island’s shoreline. Decorated with a neutral décor, accented by rich hardwood flooring, the living space remains fresh and light throughout the day. The open-air bathroom is the epitome of luxury, designed with a sunken bathtub resting over a shallow pond feature. Each suite has a stylish outdoor veranda, complete with a private plunge pool for the warm afternoons. Over water villas that sit above the island’s shallow lagoon are also available.
One of the main talking points of the Anantara Kihavah resort is the Sea.Fire.Salt.Sky dining complex. Designed with four floors, each level is host to a separate restaurant and different gastronomic experience. The lowest level, ‘Sea’, is a one-of-a-kind underwater restaurant, where guests can marvel at the ocean marine life in between courses. Other floors serve a creative mix of fresh seafood, shellfish, traditional Maldivian and teppanyaki cooking. While the top floor, ‘Sky’, is a rooftop bar with exquisite views across the island landscape.
The resort is also home to two other gourmet restaurants, Plates and Manzaru, which host candlelit dinners and poolside dining respectively. Anantara’s exclusive ‘Dining By Design’ feature means that the resort’s kitchen staff can be hired to cook for any location that guests’ desire, whether that’s at the beach or on your private terrace. With the Indian Ocean right on your doorstep, the resort offers a number of water activities for guests of all advances, such as snorkelling, kayaking and windsurfing. A fully equipped fitness centre and tennis courts are provided for visitors keen to keep fit.
The Anantara spa area is lavishly designed with six over water treatment suites. Professional therapists offer a rejuvenating mix of treatments created from natural ingredients, including massages, facials and scrubs.
When to travel:
The Maldives offer an idyllic tropical climate with the main summer season from December to April, getting hotter from February. The wetter months are May to November.
Best time to visit: December – April
Good time to visit: May - November
Located in the Baa Atoll Kihavah Huravalhi is one of the most pristine Maldivian islands surrounded by jewel-coloured waters and the uninhabited islands of the majestic Indian Ocean. The Baa Atoll and Kihavah Huravalhi Island is a short 35-minute flight by sea plane from Malé.
The Kihavah Kids Club
The complimentary club is for children from the ages of 4 to 12 years old. Under the supervision of the Kids' Co-ordinator, it offers a full range of fun and enriching activities to keep young guests occupied such as arts and crafts, beach games, swimming and cooking. The Kid's Club House features indoor playrooms, dining room, playground, trampoline and small stage/theatre. The Kid's Club also frequently organises excursions to visit schools on local islands or pirate cruises to treasure island as well as snorkelling trips so the youngest guests will have fun, make new friends and enjoy their holiday just as much as their parents.
Children under 4 years old are welcome to use the Kid's Club if a nanny/babysitter is provided.
Babysitting: Babysitters are available on request.
Children under 16 years stay and eat for free: The children's meals must be from the children’s menu only. For Christmas and New Year’s Eve compulsory buffet dinner rates apply. Maximum of 2 children sharing with 2 paying adults.