Constance Ephelia ResortMahé Island / Seychelles
Watching over the idyllic national park of Port Launay, the Constance Ephelia resort is stretched across two beaches on the island of Mahé. A resort packed with vibrant bars, gastro restaurants and premium facilities, the two beaches are linked by a series of paths that weave their way through the resort’s lush, exotic gardens. And, of course, the five-star accommodation is always welcoming at the end of the day.
What to love
- Large family friendly hotel set over two stunning beaches with four swimming pools.
- Huge amount of leisure activities including a water sports centre, gym, four tennis courts, squash courts, bicycles available to rent and a climbing wall.
- The resort’s spa village offers an extravagant list of treatments and therapies ranging from Holistic treatments to Japanese Shiseido treatments.
- Boasting five different restaurants and six different bars dotted around the resort, there’s something for everybody to enjoy night after night.
What to know
- The resort is situated on two of the most breathtaking beaches on the island of Mahé, and overlooks the marine national park of Port Launay.
- This is a family friendly resort, with the excellent, complimentary ‘Gecko Club’, for 4-12 year olds. As well as having their own pool and dining area, the club organises daily activities, games and water sports.
- Many of the villas are specifically designed with families in mind and have their own private pool.
- Combine a stay at the sister property Constance Lemuria on Praslin Island
A resort surrounded by unspoiled, natural beauty, the Constance Ephelia Resort overlooks the national park of Port Launay, a region of Mahé Island bursting with wild flora and exotic wildlife. With its accommodation and facilities spread across two golden, sandy beaches, guests of the hotel will find themselves emerged in this tropical landscape, with paths interwoven throughout the lush greenery.
Located across the beachfront, the resort’s accommodation is contemporary and stylish, designed with pale, polished stone floors, timber paneling and modern furnishings. The roomy layouts include a spacious bedroom and luxury bathroom suite, complete with deep bathtub, double sinks and a walk in shower.
Each suite has a large, outdoor terrace area, perfectly suited for a lunchtime snack or a warm afternoon spent with a book. Larger suites are available with private spa and plunge pool facilities.
With a myriad of leisure facilities for guests to use, there’s never a dull moment at Constance Ephelia. A fully equipped gym is ideal for those who enjoy staying active when away, while other sports facilities include: four tennis courts, squash courts and a climbing wall as well as 4 different swimming pools. The resort also offers bicycles to rent: an exciting way to explore the island.
For those who prefer their relaxation time to be a little more, relaxing, the resort’s spa village is the perfect place to unwind. Built in the centre of the resort’s tropical gardens, the wellness centre has been designed with 12 treatment rooms encircling a spa pool. The spa offers a mix of world therapies including Holistic treatments and Japanese Shiseido treatments.
Eating at the Constance Ephelia is a relished experience, with each evening bringing something new. Five different restaurants operate with a team of chefs from more than ten different nationalities, offering a range of world foods and international cookery styles. From al fresco dining on the beach to haute cuisine overlooking the marine park, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
When to travel
The Seychelles are a perfect year-round holiday destination with a warm tropical climate. Temperatures average 28-31c across the whole year, with the wet season being December to February, although the rain tends to fall in short sharp bursts before the sun comes out again. The warmer months of March, April and May also offer the most sunshine (7-8 hours per day).
Best time to visit: April - June and Sept - November
Good time to visit: March, July, August and December
Average time to visit: Jan and Feb
Situated on two of the most breathtaking beaches on the island of Mahé, and overlooking the marine national park of Port Launay, this beautiful landscape is the stunning backdrop for Constance Ephelia Resort.
Constance Ephelia is approximately 40 minutes drive from Mahé Airport.
Gecko Club: At the complimentary Gecko Club, for 4-12 year olds, children have lots of space to play both inside and out, as well as their own pool, games room and dining area serving special children's meals. Daily fun stuff as well as excursions are planned by hard-working staff to guarantee your children enjoy their own little adventures and make new friends.
Other information: Babysitting can be arranged on request (payable). Child-friendly menus are available throughout the resort, including gourmet baby food.