Danai Beach ResortSithonia, Halkidiki / Greece
Hidden amongst a tranquil woodland area, the Danai Beach Resort emerges onto a quiet stretch of golden beach. Located in the sunny Grecian resort of Nikiti, the hotel faces out towards the turquoise waters of the Mediterranean and is surrounded by lush, exotic gardens. The resort is home to lavish suites and villas, which are served by four sophisticated restaurants, including the renowned ‘The Squirrel’ restaurant.
What to love
- Luxurious and exclusive, boutique beachfront hotel.
- Secluded long stretch of sandy beach enjoying superb views of both sunrise and and sunset. The beach is furnished with daybeds, umbrellas and elegant white tents with atmospheric double beds for those who wish to enjoy more privacy.
- The hotel’s exotic gardens are filled with lush vegetation for guests to admire from their suites and around the resort, including olive trees, ivy walls, palm trees, fruit trees and oak trees.
- The Danai Beach Spa resort has been inspired by Eastern practices to bring a rejuvenating holistic package. Designed with massage rooms, reflexology bed, Cleopatra’s bath and sundeck, guests will be left feeling thoroughly refreshed.
What to know
Danai Beach has four truly special dining experiences, headed by one of the most famous restaurants in Greece, The Squirrel, which features head chef Herve Pronzato at the helm.
- The resort offers a host of water sports for guests to try out, including: water skiing, catamaran, canoeing, wind surfing, snorkelling and scuba diving.
- This is a superb choice for a honeymoon. Couples can enjoy an intimate candlelit dinner on the beach or private dining on a boat.
- Other services include a dog-walking service, organised children’s parties or private rejuvenating massages on the beach with essential aromatic oils.
Sitting on the Aegean Peninsula in Sithonia, the Danai Beach resort is home to warm year-round temperatures. The hotel looks out from its wooded hideaway towards a secluded stretch of beach, where guests can relax, enjoy a drink or even indulge in a massage in front of the fantastic blue of the Mediterranean.
Guests of Danai Beach Resort will be greeted by the opulent splendour of the hotel’s spacious suites. The large living area is designed with polished marble floors and fireplace, and leads out onto a private balcony or terrace. Each lavish bedroom is fitted with plush furnishings and ornate decoration, while the marble bathroom features luxury fittings. The resort also offers larger pool suites and private villas.
Dining is an aspect of guests’ stay that the Danai Beach resort takes very seriously. The hotel is locally famed for being home to The Squirrel restaurant, which has nationally acclaimed head chef Herve Pronzato running the kitchen, and serves a sophisticated à la carte menu in an open-air setting.
The resort is also home to three other distinctive dining areas. Andromeda provides a creative International menu, served al fresco under the resort’s pine tree forest. The Sea Horse Grill serves fresh fish and specialty BBQ with a table overlooking the beach. While the Sea Side Bar serves juices, light snacks, smoothies and cocktails by the ocean.
Guests will never find themselves short of something to do while staying at Danai Beach. The hotel’s pools run a series of water aerobics, while in open water guests can try a number of ocean water sports. A tearoom and lending library is perfect for a leisurely afternoon, while proactive guests will enjoy the resort tennis courts.
Those looking for a more relaxing stay will want to make full use of Danai’s holistic spa house. Designed with massage rooms, reflexology bed, Cleopatra’s bath, sundeck and a nail spa, it offers the ultimate rejuvenating experience.
When to travel
Although there is sun all year round and the winters are mild, most guests stay here from May to September, with July and August being the hottest months with average daily temperatures in the early 30s oC.
Danai Beach Resort is situated on the Aegean Peninsula in Sithonia, the middle prong of the Halkidiki, Northern Greece. It is situated between two traditional villages, Metamorfosis 2.5 Km and Nikiti 4 Km and is 50 minutes by private transfer from Thessaloniki International Airport. Please note that Greece is 2 hours ahead of GMT.
Children are very welcome at Danai Beach Resort.
There is an activity program and Kids Club for adventurous and creative afternoons under the supervision of qualified, multilingual professionals.There is a 14 day schedule with daily changing themes ranging from a Pirate Day with exciting treasure hunts throughout the Resort and authentic face painting to Greek Day with Greek dancing as well as creating the very own, delicious Tzatziki. Each night the day will be completed by a playful Kids Club Mini Disco! The Kids Club is loaded with exciting activities and fun games, suitable for all ages up to 12 years.
Other services for children include the following:
- Foreign language classes in Greek, English, French or German
- Dancing classes
- Painting classes
- Baby yoga
- Babysitting, bottle warming, and children’s menus are also available.
Other Facilities for families
The Beach: Danai has an idyllic 314m long sandy beach with crystal clear turquoise waters and offers wide open views to the sunrise and the sunset. The beach is fully organized with comfortable, white daybeds, umbrellas and elegant white tents with atmospheric double beds for those who wish to enjoy more privacy.
Sports: The hotel also has a sea-water swimming pool, a comprehensive fitness room and a tennis court. Other sports available are water sports (water skiing, catamaran, canoeing, banana, donut, wind surfing,kayaking, snorkelling, scuba diving), water aerobics, fishing, golf and mountain biking (Mount Itamos at Sithonia has a lot of paths and dirt roads).