Denis Private IslandDenis Island / Seychelles
Ditch the city life for a week or two in this secluded, tropical haven. Created without paved roads, no televisions and no mobile phone signals, guests can truly experience the relaxed temperament of Denis Island. Ensuring a truthfully harmonious and authentic stay, the resort uses natural island resources; its restaurant serves fish caught fresh from the bay, while its trained therapists use treatments created from natural coconut oils.
What to love
- This is a an informal island sanctuary on one of the Seychelles most beautiful outer islands offering guests a true luxury castaway experience!
- With just 25 villas located within the resort, guests will enjoy the seclusion and tranquility that flows throughout the island.
- Situated upon a beautiful lagoon, the resort is perfectly suited for aqua activities including great snorkelling and diving .
- The resort’s dining team provides a number of intimate settings for guests’ evening meals. Choose from a barbecue on the beachfront, a fresh fish and sushi menu, or an elegant five-course menu in the prime dining room.
What to know
- The resort prizes itself on using locally sourced food, produce and ingredients in every aspect of its guests’ stay, even down to the coconut oils used in the wellness treatments; and furniture made from the timber of fallen island trees.
- This is a private island owned by the Mason Family.
- No TV and mobile phone signals make it easier to get away from the hassles of everyday life however discreet Internet access points and direct dial telephones are available for those who need to stay in touch with home.
An island adventure like no other, Denis Private Island ensures its guests of a luxurious castaway experience, with everyday life seemingly a million miles away. Trimmed by soft, white, sandy beaches, the island resort consists of 25 elegant villas, each one given a sheltered privacy by the lush, tropical greenery that inhabits the island, and located just a few steps from the lagoon.
With a hint of Creole inspiration, each spacious villa has been designed with hard wooden flooring, and a light and airy ambience. Designed with the local climate in mind, every villa has an extensive outdoor living area, featuring its own plunge pool, barbecue and even a massage and wellness zone. Each villa’s luxury bathroom opens onto the private courtyard, crafted with twin alfresco showers for an open-air freshness.
The resort’s authentic design continues at its central hub. The chic bar lounge area has been crafted from natural materials sourced from the island, and is the perfect spot for sipping cocktails while overlooking the stylish pool deck.
Designed with a harmonious and ecological ethos, the staff at the Denis Private Island resort source their organic ingredients straight from the island itself. The result is some truly special, authentic cooking in the resort’s kitchen. Whether you try the specialty Creole dishes, the freshly caught fish or the smoky barbecues on the beachfront, each gastronomic experience is divine. A carefully selected collection of ‘new and old world’ wines is also located in the resort’s majestic wine cellar.
With such proximity to the beautiful, aquamarine lagoon, the resort’s ‘Steps Away’ activity centre provides the opportunity for guests to try a handful of water activities. Diving and snorkelling sessions are available for all advances, and provide breathtaking sights of the remarkable coral reef and extraordinary marine life.For a calmer taste of life on Denis Island, guests can hire a specialised wellness therapist. Using oils made from naturally sourced ingredients, each therapist offers a selection of treatments inspired by Indian, Seychellois and Swedish practice, which can be performed in the privacy of your villa’s garden courtyard.
When to travel
The Seychelles are a perfect year-round holiday destination with a warm tropical climate. Temperatures average 28-31c across the whole year, with the wet season being December to February, although the rain tends to fall in short sharp bursts before the sun comes out again. The warmer months of March, April and May also offer the most sunshine (7-8 hours per day).
Best time to visit: April - June and Sept - November
Good time to visit: March, July, August and December
Average time to visit: Jan and Feb
Denis Island is a privately owned coral island, with a surface area of 131 hectares. It is situated just a 30 minute transfer flight from Mahé.
Children are most welcome at Denis Island where parents will be able to enjoy their holiday with their children.
There is not a children’s club – Denis is a natural playground for the young. The hotel has developed a range of nature and other activities for children to discover the island and its attractions, and the Chef is especially attentive to the culinary tastes of younger guests. Babysitting is available; early meal times or in villa dining may also be organised for younger children.