Der BerghofLech-Am-Arlberg, Tyrol / Austria / Austria Ski
Discover the slopes in style with a stay at the charming Der Berghof hotel. Designed with a fresh alpine décor, this boutique hotel is positioned right in the centre of Lech, and has been designed with its own ski elevator to take you straight into the heart of the village. Beginner skiers have the added luxury of a lift right by the hotel which is free to guests. When you’re not carving up the slopes or in the summer time, the hotel has numerous ways for its guests to unwind, be it relaxing at the accommodating spa centre, socialising on the breathtaking outdoor terrace or enjoying a quiet dinner in the hotel’s restaurant. The resorts Golf Academy is also right by the hotel.
What to love
- The hotel is comfortably and stylishly decorated and enjoys superb views from its enviable position above the village centre.
- The hotel has been designed with its own ski elevator that takes you straight from the ski room into the centre. From here it is just a few metres to either the Rüfikopf cable-car or to the Schlosskopf chairlift across the road. Beginners also have a lift right next to the hotel which is complimentary to guests.
- Der Berghof’s beautiful dining area is one of the signature rooms that makes up this special hotel. The restaurant serves a menu of creative and light meals; all made using fresh, local produce.
- The hotel’s resident Spa-oasis has been designed with a number of facilities designed to accommodate after a day on the slopes. Designed with various saunas, a steam bath and an infrared cabin, the resort’s professional staff provide a range of cosmetic and relaxation services.
What to know
- If you’re looking for somewhere to unwind during the long evenings, the hotel’s bar lounge is particularly accommodating. Home to an authentic log wood fire, the bar serves a range of alcoholic aperitifs and specialty teas.
- The hotel has its own fitness area and gym room, where guests can unwind after a long day on the slopes. Personal coaching sessions are available for those less experienced using gym equipment.
- The hotel has been designed with children and families in mind. The children’s play room offers a range of activities including table football, billiards and a Nintendo Wii. Der Berghof’s restaurant also serves a children’s menu.
- A babysitting service is available for families with younger children, the hotel can also provide cribs, bottle warmers and changing mats upon request.
A stylish and sophisticated gem amongst the wintry tundra of Austria’s charming skiing village, Lech, the Der Berghof hotel makes for the perfect refuge after a day out on the slopes. Designed to take the hassle out of skiing, the hotel has been designed with its own ski elevator, boots and equipment room, and ski service desk.
Every one of Der Berghof’s carefully-put-together rooms reflects the natural essence of the resort. Furnished with natural wood and stone furniture, each room has a homely, wood-cabin feel, with the breathtaking views of the mountainside only adding to that. Each room has also been designed with an elegant bathroom suite. The hotel also offers family combinations, which include large suites and connecting room arrangements.
Allowing you to focus all of your best efforts on the slopes, Der Berghof takes care of everything else for its guests. The ‘Bergquell’, the resort’s luxury spa and wellbeing centre is fitted with a range of relaxation spa facilities – including saunas, heat couches and solarium – with staff offering numerous treatments including massage and beauty treatments. The hotel also has a gym and fitness area – just in case you’re feeling like even more of a workout following the winter sports.
The hotel’s restaurant is also top-notch. With a menu prepared by head chef Gerhard Spanring, the kitchen serves a varied range of traditional Austrian and international cuisine. All food is prepared using the freshest, locally-sourced ingredients, and diners get the added experience of the alpine scenery as their dining partner. The restaurant also has a well-stocked wine cellar, which guests are invited to pick and choose from.
The hotel’s restaurant is happy to provide a children’s menu, and welcomes families to a kids-friendly zone. A playroom is available for younger guests, which is filled with toys, games and a Nintendo Wii. A babysitting service is also available, as well as necessities for babies.
When to travel
Winter season, December to April, when the area is covered in a blanket of snow, this is a skiers paradise.
Summer season, late June to early September, is ideal for that peaceful escape into the beautiful scenery of summer in the mountains.
The world's largest Schubert festival takes place every summer in the charming village of Schwarzenberg in the Bregenz Forest. One of the leading institutions for contemporary art in Europe is the Kunsthaus Bregenz. The "Bregenzer Festspiele" is a top-class open air opera theater, that takes place in an incomparable atmosphere.
Der Berghof is situated in a quiet and privileged location above the centre of Lech. The hotel has its own elevator that takes you directly from the hotel into the village. It is approximately 50m to the nursery slopes, 100m to the nearest ski lift (Rufikopf), 150m to the ski bus stop and 200m to the ski school meeting place. Private or shared transfers take approx. 1 hour 15 mins from Innsbruck or 2 hours from Zurich.
The hotel has been designed with children and families in mind. The children’s play room offers a range of activities including table football, billiards and a Nintendo Wii. Der Berghof’s restaurant also serves a children’s menu.
A babysitting service is available for families with younger children, the hotel can also provide cribs, bottle warmers and changing mats upon request.
Horse drawn sleigh ride: A once-in-a-lifetime experience for the entire family, a horse drawn sleigh ride is the perfect way to take in the majesty of the resort.
Golf: The hotel overlooks the Golf Academy Lech, which consists of a driving range, putting green and 3 x 3 holes for practice. There is also a pro on hand to guide you through your game.
Hiking: Lech is home to purposely maintained and signed hiking paths, which makes for a perfect alternative to skiing. Paths of different hiking grades and lengths are located on site.
Mountain biking: Mountain bikes are available to hire and make a fantastic way to explore Lech. A higher grade of professional bikes is also available for those who take the sport a little more seriously.
Swimming: Despite being outdoors, Lech’s swimming pool, located in the forest, is kept at a pleasant 24 degrees during summer. Use of the pool facilities can be included with other activities.