Fairmont The PalmPalm Jumeirah / Dubai
The Fairmont The Palm hotel takes its name from its location on the Palm Jumeirah, the largest man-made island in the world, and an iconic landmark of the 21st century. Benefitting from the exceptional Dubai climate, the resort boasts a private stretch of beach and overlooks the Arabian Gulf. The hotel’s Arabian-inspired architecture is breathtaking from both the outside and the in, while this fine attention to detail is continued inside each and every luxury suite.
What to love
- Guests are destined to fall head over heels with the hotel’s interiors. Each Arabian-inspired suite features a lavish marble bathroom, a private balcony and rich warm décor.
- Fabulous beach-side location with 450m of white-sand private beach—featuring cabanas with butler service, and endless water sports in addition to 4 outdoor pools.
- When it comes to dining out, the resort offers an eclectic range perfect for travelling foodies. As well as an all-day dining restaurant, guests can also dine in authentic Brazilian and Chinese-style restaurants.
- The resort’s health club and spa comprises of 13 treatment rooms, an ice fountain, aroma steam, sauna and beauty salons. Guests can be truly pampered with a range of holistic treatments and therapies.
What to know
- The hotel is located on the world’s largest manmade island shaped in the form of a palm tree, minutes away from the Dubai Marina with some of the city’s best shopping with the Dubai Mall, featuring over 1000 shops, an aquarium and underwater zoo, ice rink, and an the indoor theme park close by.
- The hotel offers the Fairmount Gold service – an exclusive floor within the hotel. Privileges include express check-in, 24-hour butler service and access to the Fairmont Gold Lounge.
- The Fairmont Falcons Juniors’ Club offers a range of activities to keep kids between the ages of 18 months through to 15 years occupied throughout the day. Events include wall climbing, arts and crafts days and cookery classes.
A signature image of Dubai: the world’s largest human-engineered island, the Palm Jumeirah, was purpose designed to host some of the world’s most enchanting and elaborate hotels. It’s befitting then, that the Fairmont The Palm should take residence on this sun-drenched isle. Built both inside and out to conjure a feeling of spectacle, it provides the foundation to a truly unforgettable holiday.
With private balconies overlooking the serene waters of the Arabian Gulf, each of the hotel’s 381 suites and rooms are purpose-built for comfort and splendor. With a distinct Arabian-inspired décor, each room is rife with warm colours offset by cool, stone floors. Each suite has a large marble bathroom, complete with soaker bath and separate walk-in shower. The hotel is first-rate for in-room entertainment, and provides high-speed internet connection, iPod docking stations and a flat screen TV in each room.
When you’re not lounging in your suite, Fairmont The Palm lays on a number of experiences for its guests to indulge in. The resort’s Willow Stream Spa is a large holistic spa, offering an eclectic mix of wellbeing treatments. Fitted with 13 treatment rooms, saunas and steam rooms, it’s a space for guests to be truly pampered. The connected health club also gives visitors the opportunity to work out while away, complete with cardiovascular equipment and free weights. The resort’s private stretch of beach and outdoor pool complex are also favourite spots amongst the hotel’s many guests.
As a family-orientated hotel, a fantastic kids’ club is available for children aged between 18 months and 15 years old – providing a mix of educational activities and fun sports classes.
Ensuring that you have a first-class stay morning through till evening, the resort offers seven restaurants and lounges to all of its residents. Choose from a range of kitchen-styles including an authentic Chinese restaurant and the city’s only bona fide Brazilian restaurant. Cocktail bars and coffee lounges are also available for those who like their entertainment to last long into the nighttime.
When to travel
The best time to visit the Dubai is between October and November and then February and March, when temperatures are in the mid-20s and the humidity is under control. While December and January are generally considered the best months to go, the weather over the last couple of ‘winters’ has been unpredictable with occasional cloud and rain. The month of Ramadan means hotel rates are heavily discounted, but while outside the resort, Ramadan is strictly adhered to, within the resorts you will notice very little difference. High summer (July and August) means heavy discounted hotels it’s a great option for a cheap getaway but it will be very hot and humid!
Fairmont The Palm is ideally located on the Palm Jumeirah for guests seeking short distance leisure activities, dining and exploration in and around the neighbourhood. The hotel is also minutes away from the Dubai Marina, lauded for its café style restaurants and al fresco dining alongside the Jumeirah Walk and public beach. Close by is some of the city’s best shopping with the Dubai Mall, featuring over 1000 shops, an aquarium and underwater zoo, ice rink, and an the indoor theme park. The hotel is then 30-minutes by private car transfer from Dubai International Airport.
Fairmont Falcons Juniors' Club
The Children’s Activity Centre at Palm Jumeirah family friendly hotel is located on the beach level of the resort and features an environment conducive to learning and staying active. The action packed activities are designed especially for children for all ages ranging from 18 months to 15 years. The staff will provide safe, fun and educational programs such a toddlers playhouse, splash park, climbing walls, arts and crafts. An Xbox, Wii and PlayStation is also provided for older children in the chill-out zone. All children staying for the full day activities are treated to Lifestyle Cuisine, made from the healthiest ingredients.
Theme weeks are featured including: Ocean Adventures, Delightful Designs, Jungle Adventures, Snap Happy and more. Programs start at AED 850 for 1 week.
Babysitting: Babysitting is available on request at a supplement.
Children’s Amenities: Children’s sized bathrobes, children’s bath amenities, cots and other baby amenities are available upon request.