LUX South Ari AtollDhidhoofinolhu, South Ari Atoll / Maldives
As the only settlement on the Maldivian island of Dhidhoofinolhu, guests of the LUX* South Ari Atoll resort are treated to full reign of this unspoiled tropical idyll. Inspired by the sandy cove beaches and luscious greenery that encompasses the area, the resort offers sophisticated island accommodation, authentic local cuisine and beachfront leisure activities.
What to love
- An unbeatable location for any island resort, guests of the LUX* South Ari Atoll are greeted every day by stunning turquoise lagoons, 4km of pure white beaches and beautiful tropical gardens.
- The resort offers a fantastic range of water sports and activities as well as 7 restaurants (inc North African, Lebanese, Indian, Thai, Chinese and Japanese) and 6 bars to choose from.
- The resort’s fabulous LUX* Me spa offers a mix of massages, facials, yoga exercises and scrubs. The treatment centre encourages guests to create their own personal spa regime.
- For guests who like to be as active in the nighttime as the daytime, lively island nightclub, Musik, plays a mix of rock, salsa and techno anthems to keep you dancing through the night.
What to know
- Guests can opt for half board, full board or and all-inclusive option and can eat at any of the hotel’s 7 restaurants on these plans.
- Special treatment for kids: both the PLAY (ages 3-12) and Studio 17 (12-17) complimentary clubs are packed full of fun and creative activities for younger guests. High-energy sports, treasure hunts, dance classes and trips around the island are just a handful of the ongoing activities.
- The LUX* South Ari Atoll has multiple awards as one of the world’s best island beach resorts and is Winner of Certificate of Excellence Award from TripAdvisor.
Arriving at LUX* South Ari Atoll, guests are greeted by soaring palm trees stretching above the resort’s thatched villa roofs and timber walkways leading over the crystal clear waters of the lagoon; a stunning barrage of the senses.
Mimicking the natural allure of the island, all of the resort’s accommodation has been designed with authentic thatched roofing and dark timber framing. The interior of each spacious room is light and airy, with huge floor to ceiling windows letting in the lush tropical colours of the resort. Each suite is fitted with a luxurious bathroom and a large, sunlit outdoor veranda.
Continuing the intimate nature of the resort, LUX* South Ari Atolls restaurants take full advantage of the remote island scenery, with tables set out on the beachfront, by the poolside and even over the lagoon. Guests will feel spoiled for choice with eleven different bars and restaurants offering a sumptuous mix of authentic island cookery, International cuisine and delicious after dinner cocktails.
Situated so close to a lagoon filled with aquatic wildlife and coral reefs, the LUX* resort offers daily snorkelling lessons for visitors of all abilities; guests can also take up whale shark spotting in addition to a number of different water sports. The resort organises beach sports such as table tennis and volleyball, as well as having two swimming pools and floodlit tennis courts. Guests should also keep an eye out for impromptu cinema screenings and pop up musical performances taking place on the beachfront.
With so much happening across the island, it comes as no surprise that the resort’s exclusive LUX* Me spa area is particularly popular. Offering an extensive treatment list comprised of facials, massages, body scrubs and yoga exercises, visitors are invited to create their own spa and relaxation regime, creating a truly personal experience.
When to travel
The Maldives offer an idyllic tropical climate with the main summer season from December to April, getting hotter from February. The wetter months are May through to November.
Best time to visit: December – April
Good time to visit: May - November
As the only settlement on the island of Dhidhoofinolhu in the South Ari Atoll, and one of the largest island’s in the Maldives, this luxury resort offers real insight into unspoiled island living. It is a short 25 minute scenic seaplane ride from Malé International Airport to the island of Dhidhoofinolhu and the LUX* South Ari Atoll resort.
PLAY is a complimentary club offering children between the ages of 3 and 12 an opportunity to explore the many wonders and delights of island living. Supervised by a highly trained and enthusiastic team, kids are exposed to the nature and culture of the island's incredible surrounds, as well as a range of high-energy sports and outdoor activities. From art classes and treasure hunts to engaging and educational Teddy Tennis lessons, PLAY is everything your kids could hope for on an island holiday.
Studio 17 is the complimentary teens' club, where guests between 12 and 17 can get together, explore the island or just hang out. Run by trained and enthusiastic LUX* supervisors, teens can make the most of their island holiday with loads of activities including local dance and language classes, beach sports activities and exciting adventure trips around the island.
Meal options are available at both clubs. Please note that there may be a fee for the odd activity or excursion at the clubs
Babysitting: Babysitting is available on request.