More Quarters Apartment HotelCape Town / South Africa
For an authentic taste of Cape Town, the More Quarters Apartment Hotel provides guests with the independence of staying in a luxury apartment, but with the services of a world-class hotel close at hand. Situated in the hub of South Africa’s second biggest city, these elegantly furnished apartments are perfectly situated for exploring the restaurants, boutiques and bars of this charming area – but will still shut out the buzz of the city streets when you return home at night.
What to love
- The More Quarters apartments are brilliantly situated for easy access to some of Cape Town’s best bars and restaurants.
- The sophisticated layout and design of each apartment will have the most discerning of guests feeling completely at home.
- Exploring Cape Town is even easier thanks to the hotel’s complimentary transfers between the apartments and the V&A Waterfront - available daily.
- Understanding the additional demands required of families, the apartments have been specifically designed to accommodate younger guests. Children’s toys and food are provided, with information on kids’ activities provided by staff.
What to know
- Set on the same private street in the heart of Cape Town as the Cape Cadogan boutique hotel, More Quarters offers 16 self-catered, luxury one- and two-bedroom apartments giving an independent style of living but with access to full hotel services.
- Situated in the heart of ”Capetonians” Cape Town, away from the tourist congestion; a “home away from home” feel in your own apartment-style room.
- Part of the family owned and operated collection of More Hotel properties which include Lion Sands, Madikwe and Marataba safari options.
- The hotel is located in close proximity to Table Mountain (10 minutes), Clifton beach (15 minutes) and the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront (10 minutes).
Providing a truly authentic Capetonian living experience, the More Quarters Apartment Hotel strikes the perfect balance between the independence of private accommodation and the easiness of staying at a world-class hotel. Located within the thriving ‘Gardens’ neighborhood, guests will find themselves completely immersed in these captivating Cape Town streets – with fantastic restaurants, boutiques and bars right on your apartment doorstep.
With three different apartments to choose from, each offers a different set-up for specific guest requirements. The one bedroom apartment is perfect for couples, designed with a large bedroom, luxury-fitted bathroom and kitchenette. A spacious lounge area complete with fireplace is perfect for a cosy evening in, while the private open-air courtyard will ensure you get the most of the warm climate. The two bedroom apartment has a similar blueprint, but with added space and an extra bedroom making it more suitable for groups or families.
Finally, the Redcliffe House is designed for extra-large groups or families. Spread across two levels, it comes complete with four spacious bedrooms, a sophisticated lounge area, dining area, kitchen, three luxury bathrooms, two outdoor areas and a private pool. It’s safe to say you’re not going to want to leave.
Each apartment has been designed with meticulous attention to detail. Polished stone floors, ornate fireplaces, lavish furnishings and modern fittings go someway to making your stay as comfortable and effortless as possible.
Of course, the advantage of the More Quarters Apartment Hotel is the added benefits of the friendly hotel staff and services available when needed. A continental breakfast is provided each morning, as well as an in-room dining service available throughout the day. The hotel’s concierge service is available to help with bookings of any sort, be it arranging car hire or booking shark diving at Gans Baai. A chauffeur service is available in addition to the hotel laying on a shuttle service between the apartments and the V&A waterfront.
When to go
Cape Town has a Mediterranean climate, hence it is typical to expect dry, warm summers and cold and wet winters. The average summer temperature (December-February) is 26.5°C and the average winter temperature (June- August) is 17°C. That said, Cape Town experiences in excess of 250 days of sunshine per year.
September through to March is considered spring and summer which is the ideal time for travel, especially for beach goers. Shark cage diving is at its best in the winter months. May to September is also a great time when the visibility is best and whale watching commences in September.
The More Quarters Apartment Hotel is situated alongside Cape Cadogan Boutique Hotel in the heart of the ”Capetonian’s” Cape Town, away from tourist congestion in the suburb of Gardens, on Upper Union Street.
It is just a few steps away from the vibrant Kloof Street with its roadside cafes, restaurants and bars as well as a wide variety of boutiques in the neighbourhood. The hotel is in close proximity to Table Mountain (10 minutes), Clifton beach (15 minutes) and the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront (10 minutes). The winelands and the picturesque towns of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek are about an hour’s drive away.
From Cape Town International Airport it will take about 30 minutes to the hotel.
Families with children of all ages are very welcome at More Quarters, although there are no specific childcare facilities. The apartments are an ideal location for younger guests as they are equipped with all the amenities children would have at home with cots and baby chairs available for the youngest members of the family.
Children are welcomed with a few extras to make their holiday memorable. On arrival children are offered some juice and a welcome pack, filled with crayons and colouring pages, a cuddly toy and a packet of jelly tots. During the orientation, parents are informed of all the fantastic activities and restaurant experiences in Cape Town. Special focus is on those that involve fun for the whole family. Apartment orientation will point out a few other hidden extras such as Hello Kitty, Winnie the Pooh or Cars plastic cups, plates and bowls and colourful cutlery as well as a toy box, bath toys and kiddie’s gowns and slippers.
Babysitting: Available on request at a charge.