Nay Palad HideawaySiargao / The Philippines
Caught between the Pacific Ocean, glorious golden beaches and lush mangrove forests, the family friendly Nay Palad Hideaway offers a slice of island paradise with an eco-friendly message. From the way it runs its superb kitchen to the locally sourced building materials used for its beautiful, secluded villas, it’s a breathtaking resort that’s always thinking green.
What to love
- The resort prioritises eco-friendliness: all produce is grown on site or comes from local sellers, and steps are being taken to reduce the use of plastic materials.
- There are plenty of ways to explore this incredible island, from motorbike tours between the small fishing villages, to kayaking through the mangroves.
- The resident chef is a master at preparing Asian-inspired dishes with locally sourced ingredients in the restaurant kitchen, and even offers cookery lessons.
- All the furniture at Nay Palad’s naturally styled villas has been handcrafted from local materials.
What to know
- The resort’s Boathouse is home to a modern gym, indoor yoga studio, and a wellness spa area, which specialises in Hilot, a Filipino massage tradition.
- Each of the resort’s ten villas features modern amenities such as an aromatherapy burner, sound system and Nespresso coffee machine.
- Nay Palad is family friendly, and even has a children’s village with treehouses, trampolines, swings and a sandy play area.
- Siargao is known as the surfing capital of the Philippines, home to the infamous Cloud 9, and attracts surfers from all over the world.
Found on the southeastern coast of Siargao island, Nay Palad Hideaway makes the world feel like it’s spinning just a little bit slower. It’s a resort that’s designed to go at its guests’ pace. So whether you want to hang out by the Instagram-worthy infinity pool, get some culinary tips in a cooking class from the friendly kitchen crew, or take a chauffeured tour around the small fishing villages and scenic hotspots, it’s all easily arranged.
The eco-friendly resort prioritises green ethics in everything it does. Its water supply is heated using solar power and its buildings have been made using material recycled from the local area. The restaurant’s kitchen also grows as much of its own ingredients as possible, while everything else is sourced from local sellers – supporting local communities is a matter that’s especially close to owners’ hearts.
This care and attention goes into everything that Nay Palad Hideaway does. Its secluded, naturally styled villas have been fitted with modern comforts like music speakers and Nespresso machines, while its restaurant is happy to accommodate whatever type of dinner you desire, be it a lantern-lit romantic meal for two or a family picnic down on the golden beach.
There is also no chance of running out of things to do during your stay at Siargao. Head down to Nay Palad’s Boathouse where you’ll find a state-of-the-art gym, a yoga studio and a wellness spa that specalises in Hilot, a traditional Filipino-style massage. Further afield there are the perfect conditions to go kayaking, sailing and surfing, while the resort can arrange an excursion boat with crew for those looking to explore the nearby islands.
When to travel
Siargao has a different climate to the western Philippines and is most pleasant to visit between the months of March and October.
Nay Palad Hideaway is located on the southeastern tip of Siargao which is on the east side of the Philippines.
Fly direct from Manila (90 mins) to Siargao or from Cebu (45 mins). It is then a 30 minute transfer to Nay Palad Hideway. You can also charter a plane if you prefer. A helicopter charter from Cebu is also possible and will take you directly to the resort.
Nay Palad Hideaway is in a really lovely setting for families with gorgeous countryside, mangroves bordering an amazing ocean, all great for kids to play and explore freely. They will love the activities which include learning to surf, kayaking or SUP in the mangrove lagoon, an abundance of beach sports, table tennis, outdoor swimming and cooking classes to name but a few.
The accommodation is also really practical for families with two-bedroom Family villas and also the Perlah Villa with 3/4 bedrooms. All rooms have lots of space for extra beds.