One&Only Reethi RahNorth Malé Atoll / Maldives
Nested on one of the largest islands in the North Malé Atoll, the Reethi Rah resort is home to six kilometres of private coastline with 12 beaches, luscious tropical greenery and dazzling blue skies. Sitting at the mouth of a serene crystal lagoon, this all villa resort provides all of its guests with luxury accommodation, mouthwatering culinary journeys and first-class leisure pursuits.
What to love
- With 12 beaches to choose from on the island, each beach villa is guaranteed privacy and secluded by lush tropical greenery. Nowhere else in the Maldives is there a resort with this much space and exclusivity.
- The water villas are set above the clear protected waters of the lagoon and have netted wraparound hammocks suspended over the water for breezy sunbathing or relaxing stargazing.
- Top-notch treatment and spa centre, offering an extensive list of extravagant body treatments and massages. Fitted with calming vitality pools, steam rooms and stimulating ice fountains and even a sun spa!
- The Reethi Rah resort provides guests with a number of leisure and fitness activities and superb range of watersports including an excellent dive centre - the only National Geographic dive centre in the Maldives.
What to know
- The Kids Only children and teen’s club is complimentary and great fun for kids aged 4-11 and 12-17, respectively. This professionally supervised club has its own dining facilities, clubhouse, pool and organises activities such as treasure hunts, volleyball and football.
- Amongst the largest resort villas in the world, each villa is detached, expansive and equally luxurious.
- The best to get around the island is by bicycle, available with every suite. Alternatively guests have unlimited use of Reethi Rah’s electric buggy service.
- 24-hour dedicated villa host and concierge service.
- Unforgettable gourmet dining is served throughout the resort’s wide and varied selection of restaurants and bars. Ranging from poolside dining, over water restaurants and private villa menus.
Sitting in quiet formation, the 130 private luxury villas that make up the Reethi Rah resort stare longingly out towards the wondrous sandy coves and turquoise bays that inhabit this stunning island retreat, one of the largest of the North Malé Atoll.
Designed with thatched roofing and tropical wooden exteriors, each villa is a treasure trove of luxury accommodation. Inside, each villa consists of sleek curves and an authentic island décor, beautifully offset by the lush greenery that leaps through the huge floor to ceiling windows. The spacious layout accounts for a stylish bathroom suite, complete with deep bathtub and cascading shower. A large sun adorned veranda with outdoor seating and sun beds is perfect for an afternoon siesta, while an open-air shower is provided for unique refreshment.
Reethi Rah also offers larger villas with different room arrangements, with some featuring a private infinity pool. While all villas provide direct access to the private beach area and lagoon, some guests may prefer the secluded habitat of an over water villa, offering a truly serene experience and connected to the rest of the resort via a wooden walkway.
The resort features a myriad of restaurants and eateries, each offering a truly unique dining experience. Personal picks include the Reethi restaurant, with a kitchen visible through a large open window; it serves Mediterranean cuisine with a contemporary twist. Other highlights include: Tapasake, which serves modern Japanese cuisine in an over water setting, and Rah bar, a poolside bar with healthy snacks and delicious cocktails. The resort also lays on a number of chefs available for private villa dining.
As if the island ambience wasn’t rejuvenating enough, the resort is also home to a holistic spa, fitted with swirling vitality pools, crystal steam rooms, refreshing ice fountains, tropical rain showers and an exotic juice bar. A state of the art Technogym is also complimentary to guests, with a personal trainer service available.
As you’d expect from a resort with 6km of coastline, Reethi Rah also offers an abundance of thrilling Watersports to try, such as snorkelling, canoeing, kayaking and windsurfing.
When to travel
The Maldives offer an idyllic tropical climate with the main summer season from December to April, getting hotter from February. The wetter months are May to November.
Best time to visit: December – April
Good time to visit: May - November
One & Only at Reethi Rah Island is set on one of the largest islands in North Malé Atoll, North of the Maldives' capital Malé. Reethi Rah Island is a 50-minute transfer by luxury yacht from Malé International Airport.
The Kids Only children and teen’s club is complimentary and great fun for kids aged 4-11 and 12-17, respectively. The Kids Only programme and teen activities are carefully tailored to younger guests with an exciting roster of activities and facilities that allow for their very own moments of personal discovery and enjoyment.
Under the expert care of a team of dedicated and fully-certified counsellors, children enjoy their own section of the resort with separate dining facilities, a clubhouse and a swimming pool. Activities embrace the island’s natural amenities, including treasure hunts, beach volleyball and football.
Teen Activities: Designated staff provide a personal service for the 12-to-17-year-olds helping them connect and socialise with new friends from around the world in a fun environment. They can enjoy a wide variety of programme options in a designated area including sports, nature, adventure and local excursions.
Additional Services: For babies and toddlers, the resort offers professional baby-sitting services at a nominal fee (24-hours notice required), as well as convenience items such as bottle warmers, sterilisers and baby monitor sets. Complimentary cots for children below the age of three are available upon request.