Porto Sani, Sani ResortKassandra Peninsula, Halkidiki / Greece
Cast alongside the effervescent Sani Marina, Porto Sani is a sensuous destination filled with life and vitality. The hotel’s spacious suites look over the lagoon inspired swimming pools, whilst being just a few steps away from the resort’s private beaches. Home to some world-class eateries of its own, the village is just a short stroll to the marina, where guests can experience some authentic Grecian cookery.
What to love
- Within such close proximity to the Sani Marina, guests can enjoy boutique shopping or have a long relaxing meal at one of the restaurants whilst soaking up the cosmopolitan atmosphere.
- The Sani resort has an abundance of sports and leisure facilities.
- The Porto Sani Spa is perfect for those in need of some TLC. Designed with a Jacuzzi, heated pool, hot tables, steam room and sauna rooms, the spa area offers massages and tailor-made aromatherapy treatments.
- The 'Sea You' beach is just a short walk from the resort accommodation, and for the exclusive use of Porto Sani guests. The shallow crystal waters are ideal for children.
What to know
- With a huge emphasis on family vacations, the Sani resort offers a wealth of kid’s entertainment providing vibrant complimentary kid’s and teenager clubs with fun and educational activities throughout the day as well as a creche, allowing mum and dad to have a little quality time to themselves. The ‘Babewatch’ service also provides some complimentary babysitting on the beach.
- The superb Dine-Around programme allows half-board guests to enjoy their meals at most (11 of the 15) restaurants within the Sani Resort allowing them to enjoy a range of cuisine including Italian, Mediterranean, Greek and Asian.
- A supermarket, grocery shop, boutique stores, bookstore and newspaper stand are all located within the resort complex.
Providing the perfect spot for rejuvenation and relaxation, Porto Sani is within a stroll of the captivating Sani Marina, with vessels and yachts of all shapes and sizes docking throughout the day. The marina is home to several traditional Greek restaurants, allowing guests to take the short stroll down at their whim to sample some truly authentic Grecian cookery.
The hotel’s spacious suites feature a refined, Mediterranean décor, completed with high ceilings and handcrafted furniture. Large French windows lead out onto a private balcony or terrace, which look out across the beautiful beach resort. Each suite has a luxury bathroom, fitted with an innovative rain shower and Jacuzzi bathtub.
There’s a strong temptation to spend all of your time lounging by the resort’s impressive lagoon-styled swimming pool, but there’s plenty more to explore. Not only is the resort home to a fully equipped fitness centre, but it also has professional clay tennis courts and a beach volleyball court. As for slightly more unorthodox pursuits, guests can also partake in a supervised yoga class or wine tasting session.
Porto Sani accommodation is just a short walk away from the resort’s exclusive stretch of beach. The resort provides chairs, soft towels and refreshments, as well as an on-beach babysitting service for couples, where the first 30 minutes is complimentary.
The pampering doesn’t stop there; the Porto Sani Spa offers a range of indulgent treatments and therapies. Designed with a Jacuzzi centre, heated pool, hot massage tables, steam rooms and a sauna, the innovative wellbeing centre offers tailor-made aromatherapy care, using exclusive products by Anne Sémonin.
Not to be upstaged, the kitchen staff at Porto Sani deliver an eclectic range of traditional Mediterranean and sophisticated world-food cookery. Both the Artemis and Lagoon restaurant provide an intimate setting for diners, with menus that consider healthy and organic options. The Sea Breeze bar makes for the perfect location for an after-dinner drink, serving a range of fine wines and delicious fruit cocktails.
When to travel
Although there is sun all year round and the winters are mild, most guests stay here from May to September, with July and August being the hottest months with average daily temperatures in the early 30s oC. There is a Gourmet Festival in May) and Sani Music Festival on Sani Hill (seats 3,000 pax) in July and August, both are great times to visit Sani Resort.
Sani Resort is located in Halkidiki on the Kassandra Peninsula, the Western of the three ‘fingers’ of Halkidiki, next to Sithonia and Mt Athos Peninsulas. The resort is located 74 kilometres or a 50 minute private transfer from Thessaloniki airport. Please note that Greece is 2 hours ahead of GMT.
Porto Sani is ideal for children of all ages and provides a creche, kids club and teenage club as well as numerous activities for children to enjoy.
4 months - 4 years: Melissa Crèche Club This is operated by UK childcare specialists, Worldwide Kids Ltd, in accordance with the UK standards and regulations. There are 3 sessions: Morning 10-13:00, Lunch 13-15:00 and Afternoon 15-18:00. Prices vary for 4-23 months and 24-47 months old children - please ask for latest prices for half day, full day and lunch sessions.
4-12 years: Melissa Mini Club The Mini Club offers a complimentary programme with fun games and activities. The club is regulated by Ofsted and run by qualified, English Speaking staff. There are 3 sessions: Morning 10-13:00, Lunch 13-15:00 and Afternoon 15-18:00. These 3 sessions from 10am - 6pm are complimentary for children aged 4 years and over. There will also be an evening session from 18-21:00 for Melissa Mini Club at a cost. For Lunch and Dinner sessions there will be supervised meals at the main buffet restaurants at Sani Beach Hotel and Sani Beach Club. Supervised children will eat at 13:15 and at 18:15. Costs of their meal will depend on their room package, half or full board.
13 – 17 years old: Teen House "Ozone" The new Teen House “Ozone” is designed exclusively for teenagers to enjoy some time out and make new friends in a cool, safe environment. Located in the buzzing Sani Marina it's operated by leading childcare professionals, Worldwide Kids Company and promises a fabulous, independent environment. Open from 10am - 10pm every day of the week, there's something for everyone, indoors and out. Teens can choose from a superb range of activities from console gaming and table football to cooking classes and canoe tours. And after dark there's even night treks and stargazing on the menu. While for those just want to chill out and chat, there's a snack bar where they can grab a delicious milkshake or ice-cream.
It is essential that any childcare is prebooked, preferably at the time of booking the accommodation in order to guarantee availability. http://www.sani.worldwidekidscompany.com
Complimentary “Babe Watch”: There is also the “Babe Watch" babysitting service available on every beach, where children of any age are supervised (first 30 minutes free of charge) every day so that the parents can enjoy a short break.
Babysitting: Babysitting is available upon request for the evenings (from 6.30pm) at approx. €10 per hour. Please note that if babysitters are required from 10.30pm the cost of a taxi (approx. €15) will be required.
Baby swimming lessons (June-September): Learn the way to teach your little ones the joys of water with safety! The lessons will be carried out at the indoor swimming pool of MySpa by our certified and experienced partners “Pirates of the Swimming Pool” and they are available for toddlers between 6 months and 4 years old. Each programme will have five sessions in total from Monday to Friday , one per day, and the duration of each session will be 30 minutes. Prices and information on request.
Sani Adventure Park: Get ready for an amazing treetop experience that’s perfect for thrill seekers who like their fun up in the air. At the brilliant new Sani Adventure Park, the excitement never ends with an exhilarating combination of zip lines and challenge bridges between tree platforms. The specially designed park features six courses – two training courses, two family courses and two youth courses – all colour coded and offering differing levels of challenge. The park has been planned with the latest safety systems in place and for personal safety there are minimum height and maximum weight restrictions. Sani Adventure Park play structures feature climbers, swings and special events for people of all ages.
Sani Football Academy in Association with Chelsea FC Foundation Sani’s going football crazy as a fantastic new fun activity in partnership with Chelsea FC Foundation is launched. The 2017 Premier League champions and one of the world’s greatest football clubs - offer all younger guests the opportunity to improve their soccer skills with the professionals.
So on your next visit to Sani, any budding premiership players aged 4-16 years can join in the training at our Chelsea FC Football Coaching Foundation. It offers an outstanding football development programme with a UEFA-approved football pitch and a state of the art Club House - this really does put Sani in a league of its own. The training camp is held seven days a week and promises lots of active fun for children of ALL abilities under the careful eyes of qualified coaches. They’ll motivate, educate and inspire while covering skills from dribbling to shooting, as well as organising five-a-side games.;
It’s another fabulous opportunity to pick up new skills at Sani and make your visit even more worthwhile - it’s also a great way to make new friends and learn to work as part of a team.
- Hours of operation 09:30 – 19:30
- Sessions 09:30 – 11:30 & 17:00 – 19:00
- Age Groups: 4-6 years, 7-9 years, 10-12 years, 13-16 years
- Ratio 2:12
- Reservations to be made through the Sani website, Mobile Application and through hotels receptions
- Related Activities Official Chelsea welcome kit will be offered (uniforms, bag, custom t-shirt)
Chelsea FC Foundation Football Coaching availability is limited due to space and care ratios. We strongly advise pre-booking to avoid disappointment.
Teenagers (13-17 yrs old) at Sani Resort get the opportunity to experience the natural environment and get involved in its protection as they participate in fun outdoor activities, nature observation and citizen scientist programs.
Sani Marina Sailing Academy
Sani Marina, in cooperation with the Nautical Club of Thessaloniki invites all children aged 6-17 years old to experience the initial steps of Sailing in 10-hour intensive courses. Lessons are held both on dry land and off shore and the participants are awarded with the accredited “Certificate of Attendance”.
Duration: May - August
Sailing Session Dates: Tuesday-Thursday, Friday-Sunday
Session hours: 10:00-13:00
Sani Dance Academy - information on request.
- The new open-air Garden Theatre is available to all Sani Resort guests at no extra charge with musicals and shows and live stage performances.
- Beach parties are held at Bousoulas beach bar, including special night parties. Don’t miss the ‘White Nights Party’ on Wednesday nights!
- Open-air cinema ‘Orpheus’ (June-September)
- Festivals include: Gourmet Festival in May, Sani Music Festival on Sani Hill (seats 3,000 pax) in July and August.
- Sunday Cruiser - a complimentary 3 hour morning or afternoon cruise offered by each Sani Hotel on a different day of the week, where guests are provided with a picnic and the opportunity to swim. Alternatively guests my opt for a complimentary sunset cruise. Both cruises are subject to availability and on a first come first served basis.
- Private boat tour – With breathtaking scenery surrounding Sani’s coastal region, families and friends can take to the Aegean Sea aboard the Sani Queen. Available for as long as a full day’s cruise, let your skipper be your guide in this truly unique way of seeing the local area.
- There are 15 bars - beach bars, pool bars,jazz bar, cafes and a night club throughout the Sani Resort and Sani Marina with a variety of bands performing live Greek, latin jazz, ethnic or classical music.
- Water sports: The Sani resort offers equipment hire and supervision for a range of water sports including waterskiing, windsurfing, canoeing and parasailing. The PADI-diving centre offers professional scuba diving courses.