Sani Club, Sani ResortKassandra Peninsula, Halkidiki / Greece
Created with families in mind, Sani Club is a collection of luxury villas nestled in a resort packed with activities for children and adults alike. With the private beaches of the Sani Resort just a few steps from the accommodation, guests can reach the sandy shores in minutes, with water sports, beach games and even private massages available upon arrival. The resort has an abundance of kids’ clubs and programmes, ensuring all members of the family get the break they desire.
What to love
- Surrounded by breathtaking views of the Aegean Sea and Mount Olympus, many of the bungalows come with their own private garden or plunge pool, providing a secluded setting to enjoy the scenery.
- The Club Spa offers a wide and varied selection of authentic therapies sourced from all over the world. Choose from: Thai massage, oriental reflex-therapy, Mediterranean salt exfoliation and a range of facials, scrubs, wraps and massages.
- As well as an abundance of children’s activities throughout the resort, kids of all ages will enjoy the Melissa Creche, Mini Club and the Teenagers club.
- There is a 1km beach directly in front of the hotel (awarded EU Blue Flag for cleanliness) offering white sand beaches and shallow crystal waters, ideal for children.
What to know
- Sani Club is a low rise hotel with the rooms and suites in bungalows located on the verdant hillside behind. Although Club cars are available at guests disposal, it would not be suitable for guests with mobility impairments and may be more of a challenge for families with very young children.
- Sani Beach was formerly known as Sani Beach Club
- Sani Club has a choice of three premier restaurants for dining. However, the superb Dine-Around programme allows half-board guests to enjoy their meals at most (11 of the 15) restaurants within the Sani Resort allowing them to enjoy a range of cuisine including Italian, Mediterranean, Greek and Asian.
- A supermarket, grocery shop, boutique stores, bookstore and newspaper stand are all located within the resort complex.
Surrounded by rolling hills covered with traditional Grecian olive groves and sitting under the watchful eye of Mount Olympus, guests at one of the 5 star Sani Club's private bungalows will find themselves waking up to a remarkable backdrop each and every morning.
Designed to accommodate large families, each luxury bungalow still has plenty of room to spare, emphasised by huge floor to ceiling windows letting in those spectacular views. Each contemporary designed bungalow comes fitted with a lavish bathroom suite, complete with rain shower and a large bathtub. Guests will also be able to enjoy the resort’s stunning climate thanks to a private garden or pool area, essential for those lazy afternoons.
The bungalows are located just a stone’s throw away from the resort’s white sand beach, which with its clear and shallow waters is well suited for children, as well as some light snorkelling. Sani Resort provides its guests with a number of seaside extras, including the ‘Babewatch’ service – a babysitting service on the beach, which is complimentary for the first 30 minutes.
The leisure pursuits and activities available at the Sani Resort are second to none. The extensive swimming pool area has a dedicated kid’s pool. As well as having a professional water sports centre, Padi Diving Centre and innovative fitness suite, the resort provides a mountain bike hire service, allowing guests to explore the local scenery in style. Sporty types can also enjoy playing on floodlit, clay tennis courts, joining an organised trek or archery sessions.
For those looking for something a little more indulgent during their stay, the Club Spa area will strive to meet all of your needs. The exclusive wellbeing centre offers an extensive list of world treatments, including Indian shirodhara, Thai massage, oriental reflex-therapy and modern European therapies, including facials, scrubs, wraps and massages. Keeping up its family friendly ethos, Sani Club also provides a number of kid’s activity clubs. Ranging from babies and toddlers (Melissa Creche) to young children (Melissa Mini Club) to teenagers (Teenagers Club), each club offers a vibrant mix of fun excursions, classes and activities.
Sani Club has three premier restaurants, Olympos, Dunes and Ouzerie, each providing a unique dining experience. Whether you’re in the mood for authentic Grecian cuisine; a casual, world foods buffet; or an intimate beachside setting, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Furthermore, the superb Dine-Around programme allows half-board guests to enjoy their meals at most (11 of the 15) restaurants within the Sani Resort allowing them to enjoy a range of cuisine including Italian, Mediterranean, Greek and Asian.
When to travel
Although there is sun all year round and the winters are mild, most guests stay here from May to September, with July and August being the hottest months with average daily temperatures in the early 30s oC. There is a Gourmet Festival in May) and Sani Music Festival on Sani Hill (seats 3,000 pax) in July and August, both are great times to visit Sani Resort.
Sani Resort is located in Halkidiki on the Kassandra Peninsula, the Western of the three ‘fingers’ of Halkidiki, next to Sithonia and Mt Athos Peninsulas. The resort is located 74 kilometres or a 50 minute private transfer from Thessaloniki airport. Please note that Greece is 2 hours ahead of GMT.
Sani Resort is ideal for children of all ages and provides a creche, kids club and teenage club as well as numerous activities for children to enjoy.
4 months - 4 years: Melissa Crèche Club This is operated by UK childcare specialists, Worldwide Kids Ltd, in accordance with the UK standards and regulations. There are 3 sessions: Morning 10-13:00, Lunch 13-15:00 and Afternoon 15-18:00. Prices vary for 4-23 months and 24-47 months old children - please ask for latest prices for half day, full day and lunch sessions.
4-12 years: Melissa Mini Club The Mini Club offers a complimentary programme with fun games and activities. The club is regulated by Ofsted and run by qualified, English Speaking staff. There are 3 sessions: Morning 10-13:00, Lunch 13-15:00 and Afternoon 15-18:00. These 3 sessions from 10am - 6pm are complimentary for children aged 4 years and over. There will also be an evening session from 18-21:00 for Melissa Mini Club at a cost. For Lunch and Dinner sessions there will be supervised meals at the main buffet restaurants at Sani Beach Hotel and Sani Beach Club. Supervised children will eat at 13:15 and at 18:15. Costs of their meal will depend on their room package, half or full board.
13 – 17 years old: Teen House "Ozone" The new Teen House “Ozone” is designed exclusively for teenagers to enjoy some time out and make new friends in a cool, safe environment. Located in the buzzing Sani Marina it's operated by leading childcare professionals, Worldwide Kids Company and promises a fabulous, independent environment. Open from 10am - 10pm every day of the week, there's something for everyone, indoors and out. Teens can choose from a superb range of activities from console gaming and table football to cooking classes and canoe tours. And after dark there's even night treks and stargazing on the menu. While for those just want to chill out and chat, there's a snack bar where they can grab a delicious milkshake or ice-cream.
It is essential that any childcare is prebooked, preferably at the time of booking the accommodation in order to guarantee availability. http://www.sani.worldwidekidscompany.com
Complimentary “Babe Watch”: There is also the “Babe Watch" babysitting service available on every beach, where children of any age are supervised (first 30 minutes free of charge) every day so that the parents can enjoy a short break.
Babysitting: Babysitting is available upon request for the evenings (from 6.30pm) at approx. €10 per hour. Please note that if babysitters are required from 10.30pm the cost of a taxi (approx. €15) will be required.
Baby swimming lessons (June-September): Learn the way to teach your little ones the joys of water with safety! The lessons will be carried out at the indoor swimming pool of MySpa by our certified and experienced partners “Pirates of the Swimming Pool” and they are available for toddlers between 6 months and 4 years old. Each programme will have five sessions in total from Monday to Friday , one per day, and the duration of each session will be 30 minutes. Prices and information on request.
Sani Adventure Park: Get ready for an amazing treetop experience that’s perfect for thrill seekers who like their fun up in the air. At the brilliant new Sani Adventure Park, the excitement never ends with an exhilarating combination of zip lines and challenge bridges between tree platforms. The specially designed park features six courses – two training courses, two family courses and two youth courses – all colour coded and offering differing levels of challenge. The park has been planned with the latest safety systems in place and for personal safety there are minimum height and maximum weight restrictions. Sani Adventure Park play structures feature climbers, swings and special events for people of all ages.
Sani Football Academy in Association with Chelsea FC Foundation Sani’s going football crazy as a fantastic new fun activity in partnership with Chelsea FC Foundation is launched. The 2017 Premier League champions and one of the world’s greatest football clubs - offer all younger guests the opportunity to improve their soccer skills with the professionals.
So on your next visit to Sani, any budding premiership players aged 4-16 years can join in the training at our Chelsea FC Football Coaching Foundation. It offers an outstanding football development programme with a UEFA-approved football pitch and a state of the art Club House - this really does put Sani in a league of its own. The training camp is held seven days a week and promises lots of active fun for children of ALL abilities under the careful eyes of qualified coaches. They’ll motivate, educate and inspire while covering skills from dribbling to shooting, as well as organising five-a-side games.;
It’s another fabulous opportunity to pick up new skills at Sani and make your visit even more worthwhile - it’s also a great way to make new friends and learn to work as part of a team.
- Hours of operation 09:30 – 19:30
- Sessions 09:30 – 11:30 & 17:00 – 19:00
- Age Groups: 4-6 years, 7-9 years, 10-12 years, 13-16 years
- Ratio 2:12
- Reservations to be made through the Sani website, Mobile Application and through hotels receptions
- Related Activities Official Chelsea welcome kit will be offered (uniforms, bag, custom t-shirt)
Chelsea FC Foundation Football Coaching availability is limited due to space and care ratios. We strongly advise pre-booking to avoid disappointment.
Teenagers (13-17 yrs old) at Sani Resort get the opportunity to experience the natural environment and get involved in its protection as they participate in fun outdoor activities, nature observation and citizen scientist programs.
Sani Marina Sailing Academy
Sani Marina, in cooperation with the Nautical Club of Thessaloniki invites all children aged 6-17 years old to experience the initial steps of Sailing in 10-hour intensive courses. Lessons are held both on dry land and off shore and the participants are awarded with the accredited “Certificate of Attendance”.
Duration: May - August
Sailing Session Dates: Tuesday-Thursday, Friday-Sunday
Session hours: 10:00-13:00
Sani Dance Academy - information on request.
- The new open-air Garden Theatre is available to all Sani Resort guests at no extra charge with musicals and shows and live stage performances.
- Beach parties are held at Bousoulas beach bar, including special night parties. Don’t miss the ‘White Nights Party’ on Wednesday nights!
- Open-air cinema ‘Orpheus’ (June-September)
- Festivals include: Gourmet Festival in May, Sani Music Festival on Sani Hill (seats 3,000 pax) in July and August.
- Sunday Cruiser - a complimentary 3 hour morning or afternoon cruise offered by each Sani Hotel on a different day of the week, where guests are provided with a picnic and the opportunity to swim. Alternatively guests my opt for a complimentary sunset cruise. Both cruises are subject to availability and on a first come first served basis.
- Private boat tour – With breathtaking scenery surrounding Sani’s coastal region, families and friends can take to the Aegean Sea aboard the Sani Queen. Available for as long as a full day’s cruise, let your skipper be your guide in this truly unique way of seeing the local area.
- There are 15 bars - beach bars, pool bars,jazz bar, cafes and a night club throughout the Sani Resort and Sani Marina with a variety of bands performing live Greek, latin jazz, ethnic or classical music.
- Water sports: The Sani resort offers equipment hire and supervision for a range of water sports including waterskiing, windsurfing, canoeing and parasailing. The PADI-diving centre offers professional scuba diving courses.